Fibre Optics for Internal and External Environments
City & Guilds 3667-02 Unit 102 Fibre Optic Cabling for an Internal Environment This course teaches delegates to install, terminate and test fibre-optic cable within data communications systems including LANs, CCTV and traffic systems.
City & Guilds 3667-02 Unit 103 Fibre Optic Cabling for an External Environment The course covers the installing, jointing and testing of fibre optic cable for long haul telecommunications, wide and metropolitan area networks, Digital CATV and telecom provision.
- Work safely with optical fibres in an internal and external environment
- Follow recommended installation procedures
- Prepare fibre optic cable for fibre connectorisation and splicing
- Splice together optical fibres
- Joint fibre optic cables by splicing
- Terminate fibre optic cables by fitting connectors
- Terminate fibre optic cable by splicing on pre-terminated pigtails
- Test fibre optic links using visible light source, infrared light and power meter and Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
On-site: 7 day course
Top Cable Training courses
All courses provide certified training and meet international standards. They are instructor-led and are practically-based with state of the art equipment and tooling enabling candidates to have the practical skills to meet requirements to meet quality assured networks. The courses are not offered on-line due to the practical nature and assessment requirements to ensure competency.